I am a life-long educator and learner who is deeply passionate about literacy and best educational practice in the classroom.
I am a natural connector, relator and developer. I bring my energy, personality and strong communication skills into the heart of all my training and coaching sessions. My goal is to provide high quality, professional development that is engaging, forward thinking and relatable to the present needs of 21st century learners and educators.
My work is based upon current pedagogy and the implementation of best practice. My focus is to have immediate and direct impact on the teachers I train, the classrooms I work inside and the students I touch. It is this impact that transfers into sustained growth, achievement and life-long love of learning!
- Undergraduate degree in both Early Childhood and Elementary Education from the University of Missouri
- Masters degree as a Reading Specialist from Webster University
- Reading Recovery teacher Northern Illinois cohort.
- 15 years public school teaching in Northern Illinois and Kirkwood, Missouri
- Classroom experience: 7 years K-2
- Reading Specialist & Reading Recovery: 6 years
- Instructional Coach: 2 years
- Adjunct Professor – Maryville University: Supervisor to students (elementary, middle and practicum), Literacy Interventions for the SLP
- 2 years part-time in the Metro St. Louis area
- 4 years full time in the Metro St. Louis area
Designing work to meet the specific needs of clients to instill the greatest impact on students, staff and outcomes. Providing high quality, professional development that is engaging, forward thinking and relatable to the present needs of 21st century learners and educators.
Training with Intention, Integrity and Personal Touch
Passionate about Literacy
Life-long Love of Learning